IT’S STILL OBSCURE FANDOM WEEK RIGHT
enough for me to barf stupid colors on a page and say it’s out of dedication to an amazing book.
Basically Flora Segunda by Ysabeau Wilce is an outstanding story about a very kind, brave, and slightly misguided 14-year-old girl who just wants to be like the character in a book she loves, but is constrained by the militant structure of her society (her mom is off being general, and her dad has serious PTSD, so she ends up staying home and being upgraded to Chief Home Caretaker Person).
Eventually she discovers the banished demon butler and is all “HEY, help me with the housework so I can be a Ranger!” and he, of course, being a demon, is all “Of course… with a price.”
Shenanigans ensue, she has a super flamboyant bff named Udo, her dad has a Crowning Moment of Retired Badass, there are vaguely Aztec-ish overlords, and it’s magnificently written, hysterical, and amazingly heartwarming. And this piece is kind of dreadful at conveying that.
I’ll do better next time.
- dontnuketheducks likes this
- acerbictomes reblogged this from fabledquill
- silent-phantasm likes this
- mayguess likes this
- untidyimagination reblogged this from fabledquill
- neversoma reblogged this from fabledquill and added:
- ellenkushner likes this
- princessofthestrawberries reblogged this from fabledquill and added:
- princessofthestrawberries likes this
- splitsthesky likes this
- stopitsgingertime likes this
- stephensok85 likes this
- littletinydoom reblogged this from fabledquill and added:
- shh-im-wondering likes this
- shh-im-wondering said: That sounds interesting! Also, profiiiiile <3
- pride1289 likes this
- hinoneko said: sounds like something i ought to track down! @<@
- horticulturalcephalopod likes this
- fabledquill posted this